Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Home Church

Church @ Lake Mead
540 E. Lake Mead Pkwy
Henderson, NV
www.churchatlakemead.org
Pastor: Eddie McGath
Series: Not a Fan

Phillippians 1: 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. The plans and the process are being worked out in us, even when we don’t think it is happening. God is bigger, smarter, and in control so even if I am being stupid he can work it out. Even if someone else made a choice that affects my life, He can work it out. The only way I can screw up my purpose is to choose to do nothing.

If God gave me trials that I could handle I wouldn’t need Him. Romans 8:28 doesn’t mean all things have happy endings but rather that God has the ability to weave together the events of our life so that the outcome IS His purpose.

“Not a fan” means that if I am a follower I am an active participant in my purpose. When I am a “fan” God has to move me, which is painful but necessary. A fan chases excitement and entertainment. A follower chases the deepness of the things of God.

That was a timely word for me. I am encouraged by Phil. 1:6 because this passage really gives me liberty. I can step out in faith and just “do.” I don’t have to worry about getting it perfect. I have struggled with my upcoming pilgrimage, wanting to be sure I was not running away but rather toward something better in my relationship with Christ. I don’t really know exactly what I am searching for but I will know it when I see it. God began this work and He will be the one who completes it. My role is to step out in faith and walk with my God, seeking a purer truth for my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment